The purpose of the WMS Project Manager is to manage the programs and projects to deliver, review and adjust global WMS Solutions to increase the speed to market, improve quality and scalability of the integration solutions for our warehouse management products. Realize this by delivering standards, standardized packages and providing consultancy on the implementation of large global solutions.
Multinational 3PL Logistic Company
The purpose of the WMS Project Manager is to manage the programs and projects to deliver, review and adjust global WMS Solutions to increase the speed to market, improve quality and scalability of the integration solutions for our warehouse management products. Realize this by delivering standards, standardized packages and providing consultancy on the implementation of large global solutions. Work close with the Global Sector Managers and all involved IT teams.
1. ? Manage programs and projects which deliver, design, build and deploy standardized packages, solutions and
templates and including configuration instructions and tools for the regional IT teams across the globe to implement and operate.
2. ? Communicating and developing relationships with business and internal IT partners (Infra, Integration, Global
Sector Leads, WMS Super Users)
3. ? Developing and managing project schedules and budgets and deliver accordingly.
4. ? Help the business to define requirements
5. ? Overseeing project fieldwork and reviewing quality
6. ? Scheduling and coordinating internal and external resources
7. ? Serve as a partner toward other areas of the IT and business community to ensure that global business needs are challenged and fulfilled. Collaborate on all levels within and between the WMS CoE (Center of Excellence) and all other IT teams to ensure alignment on system platforms, operating models, processes, and people, especially with the global Integration team.
8. ? Organize, conduct and lead business and technical design workshops around diverse customers' complex global warehouse management processes to create highly scalable, sustainable solutions following guidelines.
The WMS Project Manager will have the following skills:
? Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent
? Five plus years' experience in 3PL from a systems and operational perspective.
? Experience of following change management projects
? 2 to 3 years' experience as project manager of complex IT projects.
? 2 years in a WMS consultant or similar role
? 2 years in a logistics operational management role or similar
? Multiple years as IT project manager in 3PL Specialist
Knowledge & Skills:
? Highly communicative and skilled IT professional with a proven track record in providing system integration solutions in a dynamic, international businesses, preferable at a 3rd party logistics provider.
? Extensive knowledge and experience of warehouse management systems and operations.
? Experience in defining and meeting project schedules.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills:
? Excellent organizational skills with a particular focus upon managing details
? Ability to communicate a complex technical and functional environment to peers and to non-technical management.
? Outstanding listening and communication skills-both written and oral
? Ability to develop and meet schedules
? Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
? Preferable in a second language like Spanish or Dutch
Willingness to travel . Ideally the successful candidate would develop further in this role from implementing strategy and taking direction to setting strategy in partnership with other team members.
Interesting professional opportunity