The Product Development Engineer will be in charge of the different phase of the project. From understanding the client need to the industrialisation of the product.
The engineers will have to lead new product development projects in a manufacturing environment to satisfy unmet customer needs.
The Company is a technology-driven, innovative ways for businesses and consumers around the world. Today, the Company owns over 400 active patents and numerous trademarks.
With worldwide locations and a presence in more than twenty countries, the Company continues to innovate, creating new solutions that make life better. Company sectors: Personal Care, Transportation, Medical, Packaging, Construction, Industrial, Apparel, Military and Government.
Industry: Manufacturing and Production.
Location: (Maresme) Barcelona
The primary responsibilities of the Product Development Engineer will be:
* Translate customer requirements into technical specifications.
* To develop the project plan with the cross functional team.
* Design, develop, test and document product design/s which meet functional, quality, cost, reliability, safety, manufacturability and compliance requirements.
* Plan, execute and monitor the project activities, leading the cross functional team.
* Monitor project cost, schedule and performance. Resolve conflicts.
* Hold communication with team, functional managers, committees and stakeholders. Issue status reports.
* Participate in Customer communication and visits. Support customer trials, as needed.
* Meet departmental standards for project management.
* Deliver a smooth turnover to ongoing operations.
* To travel as needed, to accomplish project or departmental needs.
The Product Development Engineer should possess the following skills:
* University Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Textile or Chemical preferred, others can be considered based on experience).
* Demonstrated experience in polymer materials and processing means.
* The candidate should provide experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment.
* Fluent in Spanish and English languages (both written and spoken) is a must.
* Project Management education, skills and experience will be valuable.
* Effective in CAD tools (Autocad / Solidworks).
* Effective in MS Project and MS Office package.
* Minitab knowledge desired, not a must.
* General understanding of Quality Standards and good manufacturing practices.
Working in a worldwide famous company.
Be part of R&D project.
5% of bonus per year.
Flexible working hours.