Participate in the interventions that are determined as the first response to an emergency, ensuring all aspects related to mental and psychosocial health in the emergency, in order to contribute to the achievement of the objectives of Médicos del Mundo in international emergencies
Hierarchical dependence of the Flying Emergency Coordination
In the field
• Coordinate and monitor the mental health and psychosocial support components of the emergency
• Conduct mental health and psychosocial support assessments in crisis response operations
• Ensure that mental health and psychosocial support is integrated into primary health care
• Supervise and ensure the quality of the implementation of actions related to mental health and psychosocial support
• Manage the MHPSS technical staff assigned to the intervention
• Participate in the identification of new proposals and / or projects, related to the emergency
• Maintain the dialogue with the entities and organizations that correspond
• Assess local capacity for mental health and psychosocial support response
• Participate in the clusters and/or sub-clusters established in the context
• Participate in the training of staff
• Update intervention procedures and protocols
• Update tools, training materials, guides and protocols related to mental health and psychosocial support
• Contribute to the definition and implementation of operational strategies
• Participate in the briefing / debriefing of MHPSS staff
• Prepare the reports related to the interventions implemented
• Participate in staff training
• Know and agree with the Mission, Vision, Principles and Values of Doctors of the World
• Comply with the internal norms and procedures of the Entity. Know and comply with the «Guide of Conduct and Ethical Performance» of Doctors of the World.
•Degree in Psychology or Psychiatry, nursing with specialty in mental health, Preferably with postgraduate in mental health and psychosocial support in situations of political violence and catastrophes or similar
• Postgraduate in mental health and psychosocial support
• Specific training in Humanitarian Action
Languages: Spanish, English and French.
Availability to travel and stay an important part of the time outside Spain
Minimum experience of three years in similar functions.
Experience in emergency interventions in mental health and psychosocial support.
Doctors of the World salary charts