Responsible for the management of Medicos del Mundo (MdM) project in Bor South, Duk and Twic East- Jonglei State, South Sudan.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based Juba (80%) and Bor (20%) – Jonglei State, South Sudan.
The successful candidate will be part of the Humanitarian team and will reports to General Coordinator, as well, he/she will have direct technical link with Medical Coordinator in HQ.
• Responsible for the management of the MdM programs running in Bor State Hospital, Gender Based Violence, Out Patient Department, Pediatric and Maternity ward.
• Responsible of the Health program activities in the Primary Health Care Centers and Mobile Clinics in Bor South and the one managed by the local partners in Duk in Twic East.
• Responsible of Medical Team management.
• Ensure the monitoring of activities and results through the data collection, indicators, Morbidity chart, Pharmacy Checklist.
• Responsible for the M&E data collection and tool monitoring.
• Report and analysis of the epidemiological data; provide an analysis of the morbidity and mortality in the areas of intervention desegregate by age and gender.
• Represent MDM at relevant coordination meetings, and bilateral meetings with local health authorities and partners.
• Coordinate with other health actors the emergency response in order to cover need gaps
• Responsible for updating program needs (alert in case of outbreak).
• Participate to the emergency preparedness through the review of the contingency plans.
• Responsible for weekly and monthly program activities report.
• Responsible for the monitoring of wash activities and IPC protocols in the hospital and health facilities.
• To actively participate in the writing of donor’s proposal and activity progress reports.
• Representation and participation in Health Cluster and representation of MDM thought partners, donors and local institutions.
• If needed, conduct a health needs assessment and identify areas of possible intervention
• Responsible of preparation of all medical orders in collaboration with logistic team.
• Recruitment and selection of Medical and paramedic staff if needed
• In charge of local staff Capacity building- Organize and co-facilitate trainings for medical and paramedic local staff
• Ensure the coordination with the MHPSS team
Immediately: 6 months (possible extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse.
Desirable: Master’s in international Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid, Public Health, Tropical Medicine.
Language requirements: High level of spoken and written English.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
The successful candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience in positions with similar responsibilities (project management, team management) and experience in remote areas.
– Great organizational capacity and ability to adapt to complex contexts and stress situations.
– Excellent organizational capacity
– Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
– Stress management
– Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Medicos del Mundo.
Escrito: Muy Avanzado (C2) –
Hablado: Muy Avanzado (C2) –
Traducción: Muy Avanzado (C2)
- Office: Avanzado