Responsible to integrate health quality standards of MDM Projects in Bor (Jonglei State, South Sudan)
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Bor (Jonglei State).
The successful candidate will be part of the team in Bor and will report to the Base & Projects Coordinator based in Bor
He/she will have direct technical link with the Country Medical Coordinator based in Juba.
– Implement and follow up the supervision strategy and coaching strategy for the work of the MDM staff in the health facilities at the different level. The strategies need to include objectives, outputs, outcomes, activities, methodologies, components for supervision and coaching, planning, coverage, responsible, monitoring and evaluation.
– Identify gaps of knowledge and training needs for our MDM staff
– Improve MDM staff skills, knowledge and practices for supervision and coaching to health facilities use of protocols and guidelines at the different health facilities (especially in EPI, ANC and improved clinical management of pediatric/neo patients, in addition to PW.
– Design and implement minimum standards of quality of care services at the different health facilities layers and services providers, focus on improvement of skills, knowledge and practices to implement the basic and official protocols
– Identify in a participatory manner and address the different needs for the different levels of supervision and coaching as well as guidelines and protocols (PHCU, PHCC and Hospital)
– Ensure and support with thematic contents, tools, materials and equipment to the MDM staff supervision and coaching actions
– Implement supervisions and coaching strategies through the project execution phase considering the logic of the projects and its coherence and complementary with other actions, outputs and activities
Implement a monitoring and evaluation framework, using qualitative and quantitative methodologies, for the supervision and coaching activities to assess outputs, effects, changes and improvements achieved on the health facilities and anticipate possible adaptations or changes needed.
– Systematize good practices and lessons learnt based on the project´s evidences and experience.
Preparation of new possible interventions:
– Report to the Country Medical Coordinator the epidemiological data in Bor County and provide an analysis of the morbidity and mortality in the areas of intervention.
– In Coordination with the Country Medical Coordination, conduct health needs assessments in Bor Areas for new possible interventions
– Contribute with the rest of the team in new proposals writing to Donors
– Participate in the required meetings with the Health Authorities and Local partners
– Participate actively in Health and Nutrition Clusters in Bor whenever is required
SALARY: Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree with experience in Pediatric and or neonatology. Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife
– Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
– Public Health Studies
•Language requirements: English: fluent speaking and writing.
•Computer requirements: Fair knowledge of Windows environment (MS Word, MS Excel, PPT)
• At least 3 years’ field experience in similar positions.
• Previous experience in emergencies contexts
• Knowledge of public health issues
• Experience as international team manager
• Experience in hard negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff
• Ability to have a global overview of a program (not only on medical plan)
• Excellent planning, managerial and coordination skills
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing diverse teams
• Stress management
• Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
• Cultural awareness and adaptability
• Good team work and networking skills
• Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
• Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team
Escrito: Avanzado (C1) –
Hablado: Avanzado (C1) –
Traducción: Avanzado (C1)