We have a fantastic strategic role available for a Head of Publishing to drive forward and shape the Publishing Strategy for our markets in Spain and Western Europe, ensuring that the Publishing Plan drives revenue, growth and profitability.
Detalles del cliente
Our client is one of the leader as publisher of English Language teaching, operating in over 40 countries worldwide.
Descripción de la oferta
He/she report to the Director of Global Publishing and as key member of the team in Spain, He/she will work closely with our Publishing Teams, with the Iberian Board, Sales and Marketing colleagues. He/she will be responsible for balancing the needs of the traditional ELT market with the changing requirements of the market, as well as, driving forward Macmillan Education's Language Learning ELT Publishing Strategy for future growth.
Team to manage:
He/she will lead the wider Publishing Team in Madrid, Londres and WE to develop talent. He/she will lead 25 people with 2 direct reports (Publishers managers)
He/she will coordinate international teams such as Commercial Direction/ Marketing Direction. Collaborate with the HQ, the Executive Board & International Publishers Directors.
Main responsibilities of the role:
* Drive the strategy and develop new business models and digital products for all segments
* Drive the relationship and liaise closely and regularly with the Regional Director and Sales and Marketing, and Publishers to ensure publishing projects and plans meet the changing requirements of the market, and are innovative and competitive
* In collaboration with the Regional Director, Sales and Marketing, seek opportunities to drive growth
* Through collaboration with Sales and Marketing and the Publishers to develop and oversee coherent market research plans to support publishing projects and to ensure that projects meet market and customer requirements
* Support the Publishers in managing and monitoring budgets ensuring the financial viability of the publishing plans
Perfil del candidato
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Formal ELT/TEFL qualification
English and Spanish are mandatory.
Bilingual or native English speaker and good level of Spanish.
* In-depth knowledge of the Spanish ELT market
* Appreciation for a wide range of teaching and learning situations
* Strategic thinker with operational skills
* Sound business acumen and confidence to manage a project P&L, experience of implementing different business models
* An ability to work to tight deadlines and to manage numerous tasks
* Understanding of publishing technologies
* Having experience in the Publishing Industry at a senior level function.
* International experience will be a plus
Ability to influence
Planning / Organisation Teamwork
Leadership Communication Skills
Experience defining and implementing Publishing processes
Oferta de empleo
The company offers 22 days annual leave, flexible benefits scheme (i.e. medical insurance plan, meal vouchers, cheque guardería etc.), flexible working hours, internal development opportunities etc.
Attractive fix salary plus bonus.
Frecuent travels (1 o 2 times a week in London offices for a couple of days)