This position has been created to assist the Group Finance Director with routine and strategic workflows. The main focus is to ensure group reporting is delivered accurately and on a timely basis and includes the completion of technical accounting & consolidation activities, with responsibility for statutory Group accounts under IFRS 101 for the UK parent.
You will coordinate and complete the monthly consolidation process for business reporting and the preparation of the annual statutory consolidated financial statements.
– Preparation of consolidated management reporting and coordinate the completion of the Consolidated Group Management Accounts.
– Control long term forecast for the group by consolidating the group and highlight any potential issues in relation to cash requirements.
– Manage UK accountants BDO to deliver quarterly accounts on time.
– Responsible to deliver monthly Board Pack on time and coordinate with country controllers to produce consolidated Board Pack.
– Manage Parent Company debt facilities with ARES bank
– Administer facility drawdowns for the group.
– Quarterly, prepare covenant workings and submit to ARES bank at the end of each quarter
– Manage monthly returns to investors (BFM, Lessing).
– To be the main contact for the group auditors and to manage the audit process for the group which starts in October each year.
– Liaise with external auditors on technical accounting and statutory reporting issues
– Provide technical guidance to the group and co-ordinate on technical projects such as changes in IFRS for the group consolidated accounts
– Support the process for the implementation of new accounting standards
– Support maintaining and reviewing group accounting policies
– Oversee the preparation and review of the statutory accounts for the group. Work closely with VGG accountants and country controllers to co-ordinate the preparation of the statutory accounts
– Ensure appropriate compliance and controls for VGG Ltd and assist with any audit requests for this parent company.
– Monitor BREXIT and any implications this may have on the annual consolidation process
– Review the Group tax position with the companies tax advisors to maximise tax position.
– Coordinate the group budget, ensuring country controllers start the process in good time for a detailed pack to be present to the Board in December each year.