Participate in first emergency responses, contributing to improve the technical-sanitary quality in the emergency, in order to contribute to the achievement of the objectives of Médicos del Mundo in international emergencies.
Hierarchical dependence of the Flying Emergency Coordination
In the Field:
• Coordinate and monitor the technical-health aspects of the emergency
• Carry out the technical-health advice needed in crisis response operations
• Manage the technical staff under her/his responsibility, assigned to the intervention
• Supervise and ensure the quality of the implementation of actions in the field of health
• Guarantee the surveillance and collection of epidemiological data and health information
• Participate in the identification of new proposals and / or projects, related to the emergency
• Maintain the dialogue with the entities and organizations that correspond
• Assess local capacity for health response
• Participate in the cluster and sub-cluster established in the context
• Participate in the practical training of staff
• Update intervention procedures and protocols
• Update tools, training material, guides and health protocols
• Contribute to the definition and implementation of operational strategies
• Participate in the briefing / debriefing of the staff
• Prepare the reports and indicators deemed appropriate, related to the interventions carried out
• Participate in staff training
• Know and fulfill the Mission, Vision, Principles and Values of MdM
• Comply with the rules and internal procedures of the entity. Know and comply with the «Guide to Ethical Conduct and Performance» of MdM
Requirement: High diploma in Health
Diploma / master's in public health
Specific training in humanitarian action
Languages: Spanish, English and French high level.
Availability to travel and stay part of the time outside Spain
Knowledge of Epidemiology and tools type Epinfo, EpiData
Minimum experience of three years in Emergency and Humanitarian Action projects.
Experience in health emergency interventions.
Medicos del Mundo´s Salary charts