To lead of the implementation of MDM projects identified in the area of intervention, ensuring appropriateness of actions in respect of Médicos del Mundo (MdM) policies and alignment to MDM policies and action plans.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in Syria
The candidate will report to NES General Coordinator.
• Ensure adequate information flow within the different project teams
• Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the base, and all departments / services
• Create/maintain a “team spirit” within the different departments and amongst the staff
• Ensure good collaboration, mutualisation, coordination and analysis with other projects if needed
• Organize monthly team meeting particularly for the actions and budget plan
• Provide good working conditions for all team members
• Train/Accompany the direct team members in their duty
• Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative and technical .
• Continuously assess the needs & adjust the programmes to the needs in collaboration with the General and Medical Coordinators.
• Draw up plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team, medical and financial staff.
• Ensure familiarity with donors compliance issues, ensuring all projects are acquiescent with these and MdM procedures
• Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently
• Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary.
• Responsible for accurate budget control and financial forecasts at the project site in line with project proposals
• Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to the Administrative Coordinator and develop plans to mitigate any under or over expenditure at project level.
Human Resource Management
• Are responsible for the well-being of all team members; conduct regular team building activities.
• Where relevant, contribute to recruitment and selection of staff
• Responsible for disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur
• Support team members professionally and monitor and support stress management, including regular documented team meetings for planning and reporting purposes
• Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures
• Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and departing team members are debriefed
• Responsible for capacity building and training of national personnel
• Carry out representation with other NGOs, UN agencies, local government bodies, donors and other relevant parties with the agreement of the General Coordinator
• Participate on a regular basis to all relevant meetings and be collaborative and build a strong relationship with all partners working in the area.
• With the General Coordinator approval, represent MdM to cluster emergency preparedness meetings in the area
• Contribute to the review of MDM Strategy plan.
Safety and Security Management
• Make sure the team ensure security and safety in according to MDM security plan & rules
• Ensure security surveillance in a highly changeable and volatile environment in collaboration with the liaison officer and report to General Coordinator.
• Proactively monitor the political, military and security situation in the project areas and update the General Coordinator accordingly.
• Ensure that appropriate security plan & rules are communicated, to MdM Team and they adhere to.
• Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to the General Coordinator
• Elaborate monthly coordination report with the team
• Ensure weekly contacts with General Coordinator
• Contribute actively to proposals & reports to donors
• This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
Academic: University Degree. Valuable: Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
Desirable: Post-Graduates studies in Public Health, Humanitarian Medicine or similar.
Others qualifications: Projects Management and HR management.
Language requirements: Fluent English (written and spoken). Valuable: Arabic and or/Kurdish
Computer requirements: Office Package.
At least 3 years working in similar role.
Previous experience in Emergencies contexts.
Previous experience in armed conflicts and most preferable knowledge of Middle East region
Team coordination experience
Demonstrable experience in Security management
– Excellent organizational capacity
– Excellent planning, management and coordination skills
– Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team of local employees
– Stress management
– Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
– Cultural awareness and adaptability
– Assertive and diplomatic
– Good team work and networking skills
– Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
– Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
– Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo
Contract length: 6 months (with possibility to extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts