The Dispatcher WMS Business Analyst will give support to new business bids and maintain business' front line operations.
He/she will perform project work on any business systems project. The Dispatcher WMS BA will facilitate the designing, testing, implementing and supporting solutions to meet stated business requirements. It is imperative that the BA have the right mix of technical resource, operational background and implementation experience.
Multinational 3PL Logistic Company
The Dispatcher WMS Business Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
1. Provide operationally focussed input and detailed business analysis around requested changes to WMS Products to ensure the system solution to meets business and strategic needs
2. Provides on-site presence for implementations of WMS products as appropriate, guiding and influencing partners to
take actions to ensure smooth transitions, gathering operational feedback for roadmap items and providing
operational challenge as necessary.
3. Prepare extensive and operationally focused test plans and conduct system testing, to professional quality
standards, for WMS Products.
4. Develops know-how for parts of the IT function. Drives new technology initiatives from «idea» to implementation;
Establishes and defines system workflow processes to meet requirements; identifies and defines necessary elements
for WMS Solutions
5. Perform structured, authoritative implementation and post implementation support for customer sites as required
for WMS Products.
6. Maintain appropriate adult to adult working relationships with all customers (both internal and external) and service
providers as part of the day to day execution of tasks. Provide operational challenge and structured arguments
towards IT community around product components.
7. Provide logistics and systems consultancy to internal and external customers in relation to appropriate system use
and operational responsibility
8. Prepare and perform management presentations as required, lead team meetings and support business
development presentations where appropriate.
9. Responds to unfamiliar, undefined, unexpected, or unstable situations with the professionally prescribed standard
response. Uses standard analytical tools and rules to determine root cause and resolve the broad range of
common system or application problems. Problems include but are not limited to: New application
implementation problems, systems hardware/software crashing, system operational problems, power outages,
10. Working with Senior leaders establishes goals and operating plans for the department and operates within budget
Detail the nature of the relationship and the frequency of the interaction:
-General Manager Operations – daily
-IT Suppliers / Vendors – weekly
-IT teams – Daily
-Global / Regional Integration Teams – daily
-Project Implementation Teams – daily
-Client Project Team – where appropriate daily
-External Customer – as required
-IT Training – as required
The Dispatcher WMS Business Analyst will have the following skills:
? Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent
? Practical operational experience in 3PL of WMS systems
? Management of live working 3PL operations at least at contract level or above
? Desirable 2 years in a Project Engineer / Warehouse / Process Design role Specialist
Knowledge & Skills:
? Comprehensive working operational knowledge of WMS systems
? Fully competent in the use and deployment of software testing processes
? Fully competent in the use and deployment of user acceptance testing processes
? Fully competent in the performance, support and co-ordination of Go-Live activities (leading up to, during and after software deployment for operational use)
? Able to fully manage a small project
? In-depth business knowledge
? In-depth general system knowledge
? Excellent problem solving skills
? Ability to work with minimal supervision
? Desirable excellent presentation skills
? Desirable ability to understand complexities of operations
Interesting professional opportunities
He/she will perform project work on any business systems project.