Development of the projects currently implemented in South Sudan, ensuring appropriateness of actions in respect of Médicos del Mundo (MdM) policies.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in Juba, with frequent travels to the field.
The candidate will report to the General Coordinator. He/She will have direct technical link with accounting technicians and finance controller in HQ.
Under the direct supervision of the General Coordinator, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of HR and financial, accounting, budgetary, administrative and legal aspects of the projects in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission and to respect MdM and donors’ guidelines. He/She will in charge of establishing and implementing the HR and finance policy of Médicos del Mundo in South Sudan.
1. Accounting-Budget planning & monitoring
– Responsible for the accounting, budget planning & monitoring of programs implemented.
– Develops and implements the administrative procedures and guidelines and ensures it is updated with the evolvement of MDM and donors’ regulations.
– Cash management & monthly fund request.
– Responsible for the cash provision between the different programs/bases.
– Organises and supervises all aspects of cash flow including security of cash, ensures enough separation of responsibility and level of control over transactions.
• Supervision of the accounting and invoices & allowance payment
– Responsible for the accountancy of all sites: quality of documents, respect of procedures, accounting & donor allocation. Coordinates the closure of monthly accountancy and links with regional coordination.
– Supervises the archiving of the accounting documents in the field and its transmission to the HQ.
– Ensures preparation of external or internal audit
• Budgetary monitoring
– Prepares annual and donor budgets in coordination with the teams.
– Monitors overall budget consumption with respect to donors’ constraints creates and updates regularly allocation board.
– Communicates with the financial controller at HQ and the coordinators about the budget follow up
– Identification and analysis of any discrepancy.
– Identification and mitigation of financial risk.
– Prepares financial reports to donors
2. Funding & donors
– Ensures when needed and by delegation of the General Coordinator the representation of MdM in front of donors
– Ensures appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as MdM commitments to donors
– In coordination with the General Coordinator, negotiates financial elements and prepares answers to contractual obligations fixed by donors and counterpart in South Sudan.
3. Human resources management
• Administrative management of the national staff:
– Develops the HR policy regarding the context: write internal regulation, study the local labour and tax law
– Creates and improves a database for the monthly allowance payment
– Ensures the application of MDM rules for the national staff (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, constitution of individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information …)
– Ensures that the general HR administration procedures are in place
– Coordinate and oversees the recruitment processes of the national staff
– Is the warrant of the MdM wage and appraisal policies implementation
– Shares and compares with other NGOs conditions of employment and rules
• Administrative management of the expatriate staff:
– Ensures the existence of written job profiles validated by the technical coordinator
– Ensures the application of local legislation concerning the expatriate personnel (visa), work permit, taxes
– Participates in the definition of living rules and working conditions.
– Supervises the constitution of individual files.
– Makes arrival and departure briefings about the administrative and contractual aspects.
– Supervises the payment of monthly per-diem for expatriate
– Follow-up administrative aspects for expatriate with HQ: modifying flight tickets when necessary, etc
4. Team management
– Recruits and train of the administrative staff
– Provides regular evaluation to the team under his/her responsibility.
– Takes disciplinary measures when appropriate
5. Legal framework
– Be in contact with the lawyer as regards as legal policy related to expatriate, national staffs and regulations for INGOS
– Regarding to the position of MDM in the country, establish all formalities could be required by the local authorities, within the times allowed (and for instance only visa issue).
– Supervises the reparation of the various contracts (rental contracts, service providers…)
– Checks on the existence, monitoring and the archiving of all documents and contracts (rental contracts for instance, …)
– Work with HQ and general coordination on all issues linked to registrations in country
6. Communication, Reporting, Capitalisation
– Produces a monthly admin report
– Participates to the weekly team meeting
– Ensures that copy or originals of all legal documents and contracts are timely sent
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
Academic: University degree or diploma in finance, accounting, business administration, or similar. A Master’s in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid is desirable.
Languages: Very high level of spoken and written English.
Office pack advance level.
The successful candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience in positions with similar responsibility and working on planning, design, management and monitoring of programmes from an NGO in fragile scenarios, of complex emergencies (especially in African contexts). Experience in project planning, implementation and evaluation is desirable. Team coordination experience.
– High organizational capacity.
– Adaptatable to post-emergency situations.
– Proven capacity for team leadership and management.
– Teamwork and networking capacity.
– Thoroughness and self-sufficiency at work.
– Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
– Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
Immediately: 6 months (possible extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts