Knowledge, skills and competence to be acquired:
• Foreign languages – Knowledge of the main structure and content of the foreign languages including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Use the working techniques and tools to serve food and beverages;
• Organize the working spaces in a rational way, assure the efficiency and cleanliness state of tools and equipments, follow the rules about safety and hygiene;
• Take care of the restaurant room, welcome customers and assist them during the service
Tasks of the trainee:
• Setting tables and buffet services for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner services.
• Welcome clients at bar/restaurant areas.
• Escort customers to their tables
• Serving drinks, cocktails and all beverages within the All-Inclusive concept of the hotel.
• Maintenance of the restaurant/bar areas clean and ready to attend clients.
• Organization within the department, shifts planning, opening hours etc.
• Training on cocktail preparations, cocktails serving, decoration of cocktails, beverages in general.
• Training on the job in regards to service in a buffet restaurant and a la carte restaurant: taking order, commands, coordination with kitchen, serving at table, wine service, wine recommendations, etc.
• Cleaning, preparing material for the service, like plates, cutlery, glasses etc.
• Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
• Inform customers of daily specials.
• Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
• Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
• Serve food and/or beverages to customers; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
• Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens;
• Stocking of the beverages and preparation of necessities for the next services at the main and a la carte restaurant.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and managers
Accommodation, meals and pocket money included in the internship offer.
– Be a student!
– Have medium level of English!
– Be motivated to learn and to live in new cultural atmosphere !
Don’t hesitate to join us and do your internship in Tenerife !