• Guarantees that financial procedures of MDM.
• Ensuring the management of banks accounts and petty cash (following up advances and maintaining the advances register and bank account/ check, expenditure conciliations, etc.).
• Organizing the payment system.
• Giving an initial briefing on money administration to all personnel receiving entitlements (per diem, lodgment, etc.) and/or functioning advances.
• Ensuring transfer from HQ to field if needed.
• Budget follow up.
Archives and documentation
• Ensure that all the expenses have the statements of payment (invoices, cheques, receipts), in order to do the reports as requested by the donors.
• Ensure to have archived all the signed contracts related to all the services that have been contracted by the mission.
• Filing and archiving documents.
• Preparing national audits
• Inform to Accounting Services in HQ about nationals audit
• Giving a specific briefing on accountancy management to project coordinators and/or logisticians supervising an assistant administrator.
Follows national legislation
• Gathering information on fiscal legislation (taxes, customs duties, VAT, taxes on hiring contracts, annual declarations etc.) and transmitting it to the health coordinator. If necessary, undertaking this task in liaison with external consultants.
Expenditure carried out within the financial mission
• Checking the accounts (field and capital).
• Checking the documents attached and cost allocations (project and accounts codes)
• Checking the justification documents and their conformity (order forms, invoices, inventories, etc.) in capital and the projects.
• Under the responsibility of her/his coordinator, analyzing cash box disparities and providing technical assistance for their resolution (propositions on reorganization)
Allocating expenditure in the appropriate grant following defined grants criteria
• Responsible for all Human Resources and administrative issues.
• Ensures implementation of all HR policies and management guidelines
• Is the technical person to whom Administration managers and administrative staff will refer to for briefing, support and follow-up with regards to administrative aspects of their work
• Responsible for the administrative management of national employees and partly for the administrative management of international employees
• Ensures that administrative files of national and international employees are kept up-to-date.
Required: University degree or diploma.
Desirable: Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid.
Languages: Spanish, English and/or French.
Office pack user level.
– The successful candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience in similar roles.
– Experience in financial follow up.
– Experience on management of financial programs
– Previous experience in Emergencies context.
– Accuracy and work autonomy.
– Excellent planning skills
– Strong communication
– Good team work and networking skills
Ready to be deployed with short notice
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts